Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Afraid of the Swine?


My youngest is home sick with the flu. Fever and general yuckiness that I can feel seeping its way over to me. I'm attacking with mega vitamin c and other goodies.

All this talk of Swine Flu doesn't help. In Canada 600 people have died from H1N1. In a regular year, over 4,000 die from the annual flu. I'm of the belief the panic about the swine is overrated. Can I please put in a request that something else be discussed on tv and radio for the next month???? Sheesh!

That said, when you're sick, you're sick and it's no fun.

Anyway, since flu thoughts have invaded my brain I had to give my latest character the flu. Just for fun. And also because I haven't decided if she's a good guy or bad guy. Right now she could go either way. She also has no name yet. She's a short, plump redhead with collagen lips and a lot of piercings.

Any name suggestions would be welcome :)

4 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Sorry to hear about your youngest. Being sick stinks. A particularly nasty strain of the flu swept through the house earlier in the year - about two weeks before H1N1 started making the news. With all the Mexicans around town (I'd never seen a license plate from Mexico until I moved here) and the original infection coming up out of Mexico, we could've had the swine flu. Since we got over it without going to the hospital, we'll never know. Good luck, and I hope your kid gets better soon.

When you described your character, the first name that popped into my head was Amber. Or maybe Autumn.

Wendy Roberts said...

B.E. did you all gert that nasty strain of flu? I'm hoping to keep it contained to just the 2 of us. Today my entire body aches. Ugh.

I do like both Amber and Autumn :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

There's only the three of us. Hubby got it first, then Daughter, and I held out to the very end. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the un-sick members of your house, and I'm thinking well thoughts for the two of you.

wend said...

The flu panic is getting on my nerves! I'm sick of everyone wandering round with 'sanitising hand gel' and the media are lapping it up! Personally, I've not had a day off sick from work since 1992 and I'm sure that's because I live in a house without central heating and don't douse everything in it with actibacterial spray every 5 minutes!!
Hope you and your family get better soon.
As for names, the description made me think of Maggie (my fiery if not dumpy dog!)
other WR