Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Oh Canada

Happy Canada Day! Or, as we like to call it around my house, Happy Oldest Child's Birthday!

Yes, sixteen years ago I spent Canada Day in 16 hours worth of pain to bring forth my first born. In honor of my pain the country announced a national holiday and my daughter always has fireworks on her special day. It's the least everyone could do lol!

Here are the names of a few other Canadians you might know:

Alex Trebek
Art Linkletter
Brendan Fraser
Carrie Anne Moss
Catherine O`Hara
Corey Haim
Dan Akroyd
Donald Sutherland
Glenn Ford
Howie Mandel
Jim Carrey
John Candy
Keanu Reeves
Kim Cattrall
Leslie Nielsen
Lorne Greene
Martin Short
Matthew Perry
Michael J. Fox
Mike Myers
Pamela Anderson
William Shatner

By the way, speaking of something non-Canadian, are you following this year's episodes of American's got Talent? I'm hooked on the show!

5 comments:

wend said...

We had 'Britains got Talent' and the answer was a resounding 'NO!'. Although I hear that Susan Boyle did make it across the pond and even appeared on Oprah before going into meltdown and skipping off to the clinic to recover (probably because she lost in the final).
From your list of Canadians I can appreciate Brendan Fraser (in his George of the Jungle fit days) and I have a soft spot for Michael J Fox.
We don't really have a National day in England or Great Britain but we do have a few bank holidays throughout the year which is guaranteed to bring rain...
other WR

Wendy Roberts said...

I know what you mean about the rain, WR. Every year my father-in-law insists on doing something beachy on Father's Day and every single year it is blustery and cool! Today is gorgeous though. Perfect for the beach.

Shame Susan Boyle didn't win and ended up needing a 'rest'. However, I bet she'll soon (if not already) will be able to say she's been kissed ha ha

Tori Lennox said...

Happy Canada Day!

Canada has exported a lot of very talented actors. One of my favorites is Nicholas Lea. :)

Dru said...

Happy Canada Day.

I haven't seen this show.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Happy Canada Day - belated, but the sentiment is still there. And Happy 16th to your daughter. Mine turns 16 this year, too. Ack. I say neither of us is old enough to have a kid that age. ;o)

And now you've got the Canada National Anthem stuck in my head.

(Heh. My security word is 'binge'. I wonder if it's saying something about my ice cream attack last night.)