Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Hunt and the Hunted

Our normal routine regarding Easter Egg hunting involves a trail of little chocolate eggs from the kids' rooms all over the house. This year because of our little puppy, Bella, we couldn't have chocolate all over the floor so the Easter bunny got creative and the chocolate was higher up. There were even pulleys involved he he.

I thought the kids might be getting too old for this annual hunt for sugar but even my 19 year old nephew (visiting from Winnipeg) was fine with the search. After giving up treats for lent, my kids would probably be willing to scale mountains for the stuff! Admittedly, so was I.

How about you? Do you eat your weight in chocolate in celebration of Easter / Spring?

5 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I'm actually more into jelly beans at Easter. Chocolate I can have any old time. *g*

Dru said...

I'm a jelly bean person at Easter. Love the licorice ones.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Chocolate! Pounds and pounds of chocolate. This year I scaled back because we're trying to diet, but I still bought way too much (about half of last year's amount).

This year, even though my daughter's a teen, I wrapped her Easter goodies and hid them around the house. She had fun finding everything, and squealed over her new earrings. A good day was had by all. =o)

Wendy Roberts said...

Tori & Dru, I am the only one in my family who LOVES jelly beans! And, yes, the licorice ones or the best :)

B.E. I always buy waaay too much and then promise to cut back the next year. At least you followed through on the cutting back! Great idea for the earrings.

wend said...

I wish I could just limit my chocolate overindulgence to Easter but its a year round thing! I didn't have any actual Easter eggs (not even a Cadburys Creme Egg) but I ate loads of the glorious brown stuff. I try to make myself feel better by telling myself that its OK because I have no other vices...
other WR