Monday, March 02, 2009

Weekend Chaos

In my home this weekend will go down in history as the weekend of the hair marathon. It all started when my 15 year old daughter asked me to dye her hair. I'm not a stylist and I don't play one on TV or in real life. I explained this. Repeatedly. A couple months ago she took her previously brown hair over to a hairdresser and had it bleached blonde. Not my choice but, hey, the stylist did a good job and it looked nice.

Now fast forward to this weekend when my darling daughter assumed that for $8 she could get me to reverse the blonde back to her original color. I resisted but it was no use. Have I mentioned my 15 year old wants to be a lawyer? A jury of my peers would not have been able to resist her arguments on the logic of spending a half hour and $8 to get the needed result. Except anyone with as many years on the plant (and hair disasters in her background) as me knows that life isn't as it appears on the Clairol box. You guessed it. Blonde did not go to a nice chestnut brown. Nope. Went to blue/black. It said on the blocks "light ash brown". Within an hour of starting the fiasco my daughter was planning on suing the hair color company.

Fast forward to Sunday night and five, yes, FIVE boxes of color later. Finally. Brown. It's useless to point out that the cost of all the hair dye would've come close to what she would've paid at a stylist. It's useless to point out that I lost an entire weekend, or at least hours and hours and hours pouring goop over her head and scrubbing it out of various surfaces. The end result is what matters in a 15 year old world and the end result was good.

Any chaos in your life this weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does eight inches of unexpected snow count as chaos? *g*

Wendy Roberts said...

Eight inches - YIKES!! Definite chaos. Please keep it to yourself please. Don't want any to come this way LOL!

Dru said...

No chaos here, except for our snow storm.

I hope daughter is happy with her hair.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the hair color catastrophe my hair color is now red not brown with highlights, this weekend I will try to dye it to the brown I want. Wish me luck.