Monday, November 03, 2008

Feeling Not Quite Me

Do you ever have those times when you're not quite yourself? Lately, I've felt a little unlike me. Maybe it's the fact that it's November and that means the year is almost over. It could be because of daylight savings time. Even when I gain that extra hour it seems to throw me off. However, I'm guessing various stresses and the fact that I'm buried in going over Book 3 is probably the most likely culprit. The third book in the Ghost Dusters series is due December 1st and, of course, I just want it to be the best possible so I'm getting bleary-eyed looking it over.

This not-quite-me time effects my reading time too. I'm currently reading three very different books. Jodi Picoult's Keeping Faith, Candy Calvert's Mai Tai to Murder and Cody McFadyen's Shadow Man.

These books are so completely different it's like my personality has split in three separate directions.

Are you feeling like yourself? What are you reading these days?

8 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

I think you meant to say book 2 is out in December, not book 3. Right? I can't wait to read it. Sounds great!

Wendy Roberts said...

Hi Rachael! I know it's confusing so I should probably clarify ... yes, book 2 (Devil May Ride) is out December 2nd but the 3rd book (no name yet) is due for me to submit December 1st :) Yes, it takes a full year for that baby to find a shelf LOL.

Enchanted by Books said...

OHHHHHHH ok, I get it now! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm not feeling much like myself either, but I blame the sinus infection I suddenly seem to have. *grumble*

I'm reading action/adventure right now. The Medusa Stone by Jack Du Brul.

Anonymous said...

After all the halloween excitement and now all the stores have magically changed into winter wonderlands for christmas it is hard to catch my breath. I just finished reading "My Sisters Keeper" a very dramatic read.

Dru said...

I recently read the latest book by Cody McFadyen. If you like/love Shadow Man, you will love The Darker Side.

I just finished Sweet Trouble by Susan Mallery.

Anonymous said...

I'm tired - a combination of PMS and the time change. The extra hour means an extra hour I'm awake, not asleep. And for some reason I keep waking up way too early!!

I'm reading romances with a mystery element (but not romantic suspense). Just finished Christie Craig's Weddings Can be Murder and am now reading HelenKay Dimon. Up next, though, a YA novel, from my buddy, Tina Ferraro.

Anonymous said...

Not feeling like myself. I haven't been reading much. I've been watching DVDs of Stargate: SG1 and Smallville.

And dreaming about getting a large screen HD TV.

:) Tiana