Monday, October 01, 2007

Where Did Summer Go?



I lifted my head up from my computer long enough to look around this weekend and I noticed:

- The trees are covered in brilliant yellow and red leaves.
- Pears are starting to fall from my trees and I've picked the last of the zucchini.
- The air is suddenly cooler and our brisk rains have started.
- The black squirrels are frantically gathering what they need and are playing chicken with every passing car.

I don't know when Fall officially hit the Pacific Northwest but I noticed it this weekend.

How about you? What does Autumn look like where you are?

4 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Autumn hasn't hit eastern Colorado yet. Probably another couple weeks, and we'll be seeing the trees turn and watching the squirrels load up on sunflower seeds. Oh, and we'll start seeing the migrating birds pass through. We've got the only water for miles, so invariably, they stop here. =o)

Jana DeLeon said...

Hmmmm, I don't think we really have an autumn. One day it's in the 90's and the next it's freezing and the grass is dead. Then a couple of days later it's up in the 80's.

You gotta love Texas weather. :)

Holly Kennedy said...

Gorgeous photo, Wendy.
Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. I've been busy writing, something I know you'd understand. Fall here is breathtaking. I did what you did a few days ago, and I felt sad because summer flew by so fast. It's been a busy year for so many people.

Take care where you are :)

Wendy Roberts said...

b.e., is it mostly ducks and geese migrating over your area? They sure can leave a mess *yuck*

Jana, it seems like Texas had an identity crisis last winter what with snow and all!

Holly, I do really understand how writing can make the seasons fall one onto another. Hope you come up for air soon :)