Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Pain in the Butt



Lately, I’ve been giving a lot of thoughts to, of all things, chairs. I need a new chair for my desk. The one I’ve been using is quite literally falling apart. It’s an antique and has been well loved but it gave me a splinter where a person should never have a splinter. Now the love is gone.

I dread chair shopping because, first of all, I’m short. It’s difficult to find a chair that allows me to have my feet on the floor instead of letting them dangle like I’m a five year old. Secondly, I need good support. A bad car accident a few years ago left me with back pain that can be aggravated by the wrong chair. I’ve already tried a few, including the one in the picture above. The person who loaned me this one said it would make my back strong and I’d love it. I didn’t love it. Most of the time, I felt like I was about to fall off.

So I’m asking for advice. Does anyone out there have a favorite brand or style of chair that works for them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy!!
I've got no advice because I just use my kitchen chair. Post a picture of your new one when you get one.

Penny